For all parking information please visit https://www.parkplymouth.com/parkplymouth-homepage.html. Please be sure to check where you are parked for time limits and don't forget to pay the parking meters between the hours of 9:00 am and 7:00 pm to avoid being ticketed.
See below for information on parking restrictions:
- There will be NO PARKING on Water Street between Union and Brewster Streets, the west side of Water Street between Brewster Street and Park Avenue, Carver Street, Market Street, and Summer Street from Market Street to Westerly Road all day long beginning at 5:00 AM.
- Water Street will close between Union and Brewster Streets beginning at 6:00 AM and will remain closed until the conclusion of the Fireworks.
- Fireworks will begin at approximately 9:00 PM.
- Beginning at 6:00 AM there will be NO PARKING on both sides of Court Street from North Street to Allerton Street, all of Main Street and Main Street Ext.
- There will be NO PARKING on the east side of Sandwich Street from Water Street to Stephen’s Field.
- There will be NO PARKING all day on Morton Park Road and Thoreau Road.
The annual July 4th 5K Road Race will precede the Parade starting and finishing at Stephen’s Field beginning at 7:30 AM. Runners leave Stephen’s Field and turn right on 3A, right on Nelson, right on Water, and left on Union to finish back at Stephens Field.
The parade will step off from Cordage Park beginning at 9:00 AM. It will proceed south on Court Street to the Downtown area along Main Street and Main Street Ext. turning left onto Water Street to the reviewing stand at DCR Pilgrim Memorial State Park before Plymouth Rock.
There will be additional parking restrictions along Court Street in North Plymouth during the parade.
Fireworks traffic through the downtown and waterfront area will be in the following manner:
- Route 3 north and southbound off-ramps will be closed at the start of the Fireworks
Following the Fireworks:
- All Samoset Street traffic between Court Street and Route 3 will be diverted westbound ONLY
- Eastbound traffic will be diverted onto Route 3 southbound.
- All Summer Street traffic will be diverted westbound – All eastbound traffic on Summer Street will be diverted at Pilgrim Hill Road.
- All Sandwich Street traffic from Water Street will be diverted southbound to Jabez Corner.
- All traffic on Main Street Ext., Main Street and Court Street between Sandwich and Samoset Streets will be diverted northbound.
- All Water Street traffic will be diverted up Brewster Street, Chilton Street and Park Avenue to Court Street.
- All State Boat Ramp traffic will be diverted north on Water Street.
Skateboarding, rollerblading, and bicycling are prohibited in the downtown area for pedestrian safety reasons.